What for ?
– Usability & Human Interaction Course Final Personal Project
Role Played ?
– UI, UX, Interactive Designer
Who Designed for ?
– All Vehicle Drivers
Problems & Purpose
Today’s automobile includes increasing levels of digital technology, including in-dashboard touch screens that can support a variety of applications. In order to help drivers know weather conditions whenever and wherever they are driving so that they can always be safe, I designed a weather app for installation on the vehicles’ touch screens.
The application allows the user to switch between three views:
- The current weather (based on the car’s current location).
- The 12-hour forecast for the current location and up to five other locations entered and saved by the user.
- A map view that can display current conditions within a 50 or 100 mile radius of the car’s current location.
More importantly, this application has the ability to display a weather alert to warn the drivers of potentially hazardous conditions such as icy roads, flash flooding, or other weather events within the area.
Current Location Weather Screen
12-hour Forecast Screen
Map View Screen
Weather Alert Screen
In order to let drivers to read the warning quickly and clearly when there is a weather alert, I keep the alert screen clean and simple like below,
Different weather conditions will be displayed by different colors. Also, to maintain simplicity and clarity, I used five simple colors to indicate five types of regular weather conditions so that drivers can read the live weather information conveniently.